Volunteer Job Descriptions
Volunteers are needed on all days of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Halleck Creek Ranch is closed on Fridays and Sundays. Minimum age for volunteering is 12-years-old. To begin volunteering at Halleck Creek Ranch, you should decide which of our two job categories is right for you: Facility Volunteer or Program Volunteer.
- Includes jobs such as raking the hay barn, weeding, helping with special events or projects, or helping in the office.
- Volunteers interested in Facility Volunteering do not have to attend new volunteer orientation, and the training requirements are very minimal.
- Includes grooming and tacking-up horses for the program, leading horses for riders, side walking riders, and other jobs related to assisting with the riding program.
- All Program Volunteers need to attend a New Volunteer Orientation, enroll in the 4H program, attend a full day of training, and are required to commit to completing 50 hours of volunteer work in a 6-month period. The 2-hour New Volunteer Orientation and the 6-hour training day will count towards the 50-hour commitment.
- Program Volunteers are not required to have previous experience working with horses; all training is provided.
- Adult Program Volunteers, ages 18 and older, are required by the Marin County 4H Youth Development program to be fingerprinted and cleared by the Department of Justice before they can complete enrollment.